About the Role
Hyphens and Spaces is expanding our team of thoughtful equity leaders committed to both harm reduction and transformational change in organizations. The consultant/strategist will partner with the Principal Consultant and Lead Consultants to carry out the following responsibilities:
- Thought partnership – consider, propose, and refine new ways to approach DEI topics and/or apply existing concepts in new contexts.
- Research – identify, organize, and synthesize DEI literature in both scholarly and layperson databases
- Client work
- Collect qualitative data (e.g. interviews and focus groups)
- Analyze and synthesize qualitative and quantitative data
- Document review
- Audit, Feedback, Assessment, and Recommendations report preparation
- Facilitate workshops
- Templating – Assemble templates for workshop materials, email communications, strategy documents, etc.
- Content Creation – create worksheets, tip sheets, blog posts, articles, videos, and Social Media content on DEI topics as requested and desired
- Support in business development (e.g. drafting or reviewing proposals) as necessary
- Support the translation of strategic direction and business objectives established by clients into holistic I&D strategies.
- Design agile strategies that will help companies change their DEI culture
- Asking forward-focused questions
- Emotional and Cultural Intelligence
- Research and synthesis
- Whole People: Our lives are much bigger than our work. We respect that and organize ourselves and work to reflect that.
- Purposeful: Our work is important and helps us achieve something we want out of life.
- Accountable: We are accountable to ourselves, our communities, our clients, and each other.
- Experimental: Constantly focused on testing new approaches and measuring their outcomes towards our common goal of a more just world.
- Transparent: to help account for power differences we strive to communicate information upfront, request input, and gain informed consent.
Job Type Compensation Details:
Part-time – between 10 and 20 hours per week
Remote – though we are located in EST
Compensation – $55.00 USD per hour
How to Apply:
Please complete the application by August 25th: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdp1gGEtu4U7XwMFVKwSHC2DNZPva1kDZFJTqGzREoUyKjr8Q/viewform